Cricket is a great sport, but it can also be dangerous if you’re not careful. One of the biggest risks of playing cricket is sun exposure. Cricketers spend a lot of time outdoors, and they’re often exposed to direct sunlight. This can increase their risk of skin cancer, premature aging, and heat exhaustion.
That’s why it’s so important for cricketers to use sunscreen. The best sunscreen for cricketers is one that is specifically designed for sports, as these sunscreens are more water-resistant and sweat-resistant.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss what to look for in sunscreen for cricketers, and we’ll recommend some of the top sunscreens on the market. We’ll also provide some tips on how to apply sunscreen effectively.
So if you’re a cricketer, or if you know someone who is, be sure to read this blog post. We’ll help you find the best sunscreen for cricketers to protect your skin and keep you safe from the sun.
What to look for in sunscreen for cricketers
- SPF: Cricketers should look for sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. The SPF (Sun Protection Factor) measures how well a sunscreen protects your skin from UVB rays, which are the main cause of sunburn.
- Broad spectrum protection: The sunscreen should protect against both UVA and UVB rays. UVA rays cause premature aging, while UVB rays cause sunburn.
- Water resistance: The sunscreen should be water-resistant for at least 80 minutes. This means that it will still protect your skin from the sun even if you sweat or swim.
- Oil-free: The sunscreen should be oil-free to prevent it from clogging pores.
- Non-comedogenic: The sunscreen should be non-comedogenic, which means it will not clog pores.
- Hypoallergenic: The sunscreen should be hypoallergenic to reduce the risk of allergic reactions.
- Fragrance-free: The sunscreen should be fragrance-free to prevent it from irritating the skin.
Best sunscreen for cricketers
1.VLCC 3D Youth Boost SPF40 +++ Sunscreen Gel
VLCC 3D Youth Boost SPF40 +++ Sunscreen Gel is a great choice for cricketers who are looking for a sunscreen that provides broad-spectrum protection and additional benefits such as skin elasticity and firmness. It is lightweight, non-greasy, easy to apply, fragrance-free, non-comedogenic, and water-resistant. This makes it a great option for cricketers who are active and sweating a lot.
- protection against UVA and UVB rays
- Helps maintain skin elasticity and firmness
- Reduces skin pigmentation and gives an even skin tone
- Lightweight and non-greasy
- Easy to apply
- water resistant
2. La Shield SPF 40 & PA+++ Mineral-Based Sunscreen Ge
This sunscreen is a great choice for people who are looking for a product that will help them achieve youthful radiance while providing broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection. It is non-comedogenic and suitable for all skin types, including acne-prone skin. The sunscreen is sweatproof so this is the best sunscreen for cricketers and has a superior matte finish that does not leave any white cast. It has been recommended by dermatologists, so you can be sure that it is safe and effective. It has spf 40+ so it can prevent tanning.
- Helps achieve youthful radiance
- Provides broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection
- suitable for all skin types
- does not leave any white cast
- Recommended by dermatologists
3. Minimalist Sunscreen SPF 50 Lightweight with Multi-Vitamins
This sunscreen is a great choice for cricketers who are looking for a product that will provide them with effective protection from the sun’s harmful rays. The sunscreen is fortified with four cutting-edge UV filters and a quintet of vitamins to provide superior sun protection and nourish the skin. It has been thoroughly tested by an independent lab and confirmed SPF of 50. It is also a Photostable sunscreen and spreads easily like a lightweight moisturizer. It is non-comedogenic and the primary filters are sourced from BASF, Germany, and Royal DSM, Netherlands.
- protection against UVA and UVB rays
- SPF 50
- Lightweight moisturizer
- some times it is heavy on the face sometimes
4. WOW Skin Science Sunscreen
Wow Science Sunscreen SPF 55 is a natural sunblock that provides broad-spectrum protection from harmful UVA & UVB rays and photodamage. The sunscreen is infused with a bounty of skin-loving natural ingredients, including raspberry extract, carrot seed extract, avocado oil, and vitamin E.
The sunscreen is lightweight and non-greasy, and it does not leave a white cast. It is also non-comedogenic so it will not clog your pores. The sunscreen is water resistant, so it is perfect for outdoor activities it is also one of the best sunscreen for cricketers.
- Broad-spectrum protection from UVA & UVB rays
- Non-greasy and lightweight
- Infused with skin-nourishing natural actives
- it’s not for acne-prone skin
5. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Sports Super Stay Sunscreen Cream
The Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Sports Super-Stay Sunscreen Cream is a non-toxic and preservative-free sunscreen that provides broad-spectrum protection from UVA/UVB rays. It is also water-proof and sweat-proof, making it an exceptional choice for water and outdoor activities.
The sunscreen prevents the skin from excessive tanning, brown spots, and pigmentation problems. It also forms a preventive layer over the skin to guard it against environmental aggressors and shields the skin from free radical damage.
- Non-toxic and preservative-free
- Broad-spectrum protection from UVA/UVB rays
- Water-proof and sweat-proof
- Prevents excessive tanning
- Contain some chemical
6. Aqualogica Glow+ Dewy Sunscreen
The Glow+ Dewy Sunscreen is the best sunscreen for cricketers who are looking for a product that will provide them with effective protection from the sun’s harmful rays. It is a vegan, cruelty-free, and clean sunscreen that provides broad-spectrum protection from UVA, UVB rays, and blue light. It is also hydrating, lightweight, and non-sticky, making it perfect for all skin types.
- SPF 50 and PA+++ protection
- Prevents tanning
- Gives skin a natural glow
- Suitable for all skin types
- the best sunscreen for cricketers who are active and sweating a lot
How to apply sunscreen for cricketers
Here are some tips on how to apply sunscreen for cricketers:
- Apply sunscreen liberally. You should apply enough sunscreen to cover all exposed skin, including your face, ears, neck, lips, and scalp.
- Apply sunscreen 30 before going outside to play in the sun. sunscreen needs time to absorb into your skin and provide maximum protection.
- Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours, or more often if you are sweating or swimming.
- Must choose a sunscreen that has an SPF of 30 or higher. An SPF of 30 will block out 97% of the sun’s harmful UVB rays.
- Try to buy sunscreen that is water-resistant and sweat-proof. This will help to ensure that your sunscreen stays on your skin even when you are active.
- Look for a sunscreen that is fragrance-free and non-comedogenic. This will help to prevent the sunscreen from clogging your pores and causing breakouts.
Additional skin care tips for cricketers.
Here are some additional tips for cricketers:
- Wear a hat and sunglasses. These will help to protect your face and eyes from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Seek shade when you can, especially during the midday hours when the sun’s rays are strongest.
- Drink plenty of fluids. This will help to keep you hydrated and prevent sunburn.
Protecting your skin from the sun is crucial, especially for cricketers who spend extended periods of time in the sun. To choose the best sunscreen for cricketers and apply it correctly, follow the tips in this blog. Remember to reapply every two hours, or more frequently if you are sweating or swimming. These measures can help prevent premature aging, skin cancer, and other sun-related concerns.